Do I need Business Personal Property insurance for my electronics store?
Learn why business personal property insurance is a must-have for your electronics store, covering valuable assets and ensuring business continuity.
Published June 5, 2023.
From the latest smartphones to high-end gaming consoles, your electronics store houses a plethora of valuable assets. While integral to your business operation, these items are also susceptible to damage, theft or other forms of loss. Business insurance can help protect you from financial loses.
Understanding business personal property for your electronics store
Business personal property insurance is typically included within a commercial property policy or business owner's policy. BPP's versatile protection can help cover expenses for a with a wide range of assets within your business if they are damaged by a covered event, including:
- Equipment: This includes cash registers, security systems, or any other technology you use to operate your business. If your in-store diagnostic equipment for fixing electronic devices gets damaged, BPP can cover repair or replacement costs.
- Inventory: This includes smartphones, laptops, gaming consoles and other electronic goods. BPP can help cover the loss if your inventory is stolen during a burglary.
- Furniture: This includes display cases, shelving and seating areas. BPP can replace these items if a fire damages the store.
- Improvements: Any upgrades you've made to your store are also covered. BPP can cover the costs if the specialized lighting or fixtures for displaying electronics get damaged.
What other insurance policies should I consider for my electronics store?
As you consider your insurance needs, there are other types of small business insurance you can look at:
1. General Liability insurance
General liability insurance can cover third-party claims related to bodily injury and property damage that happen in your electronics store. For example, if a customer slips and falls while browsing, general liability insurance can cover medical expenses and legal costs.
2. Commercial Auto insurance
If your store offers delivery services or if you use a vehicle for business purposes, commercial auto insurance is essential because it can cover damages caused by accidents involving your business vehicle.
3. Workers' Compensation
If you have in-store employees, you'll need workers' compensation insurance to cover medical expenses and lost wages if they get injured on the job. For example, workers' compensation can cover medical costs if an employee hurts themselves while restocking shelves.
4. Commercial Property insurance
Commercial property insurance can cover building damage due to events like fire, vandalism or certain natural disasters. For example, if a storm damages your store's roof, commercial property insurance can help with repair costs.
Cover the goods and gear you need for your electronics store
Ensuring the longevity and success of your electronics store means protecting the valuable assets that make your business tick. BPP (with the help of additional relevant insurance policies) can make sure you're covered for any situation.
With NEXT, you can get affordable, tailored small business insurance for your electronics store. Simply answer a few questions online to give us all the details, then we'll send a customized quote within minutes. Once your insurance is activated, you can instantly access your certificate of insurance and share it via the NEXT app.