Mon – Fri | 6 a.m. – 5 p.m. PT

Entertainment Insurance

Save up to 30% with instant coverage
Entertainment Insurance

Customized insurance for entertainment and events businesses

Next Insurance is a one-stop shop for entertainment and event business insurance. We provide easy and affordable coverage to protect your business so you can focus on delivering an amazing experience for your clients. Oh, and you’ll save up to 10% when you bundle two or more of our policies.

Get a Quote

We specialize in business insurance for event services

Choose your profession for more information or get a customized quote for your business

DJ, Event Planner, Photographer, Wedding Planner, Other,

Business insurance has never been easier

Customized business insurance to protect you and your clients
Business insurance in less than 10 minutes
Get covered in 10 minutes and save up to 30%
Easy monthly payments
Instant proof of insurance and easy monthly payments
Get business insurance online
Do it all 100% online or talk to a licensed U.S.-based advisor
Get a Quote
Certificate of Insurance

Need a fast certificate of insurance?

Get covered in just a few clicks and have your COI in hand. Get Instant Quote
How much does business insurance cost

How much does entertainment business insurance cost?

You can save up to 30% when you buy construction insurance with Next. The exact amount you pay will depend on:

  • The types of party planning or event services you offer
  • The kind of venue or office you work in
  • If you have any employees and the kinds of work they do
  • The number and types of vehicles you drive for work
Get Instant Quote

Take a few minutes to get an instant quote and see how much business insurance will cost.

Get a Quote
Get a quote - NEXT insurance
Dedicated small business insurance

Why do event planners need business insurance?

Events don’t always go as planned and the many moving parts needed to pull off a successful party increase the possibility of something going wrong. Large groups of people increase the risk of a guest tripping over the cord needed for your turntable or for someone to complain that the catering caused them food poisoning. 

Having the right types of insurance for your entertainment business means that you don’t have to pay entirely out of pocket after an accident or to defend your business.

Get Instant Quote

Liability insurance for entertainment businesses

Entertainment liability insurance can help cover costs if a guest trips over the gift table and breaks a wrist of if you’re accused of damaging speakers at a club.

We combine two types of liability insurance in our business insurance packages:

General liability is the insurance that most business owners buy first to cover some of the most common accidents when you work with clients — property damage and injuries to non-employees. 

For example, you’ll have financial help if you’re a wedding planner and a venue owner accuses you of damaging their property.

Professional liability provides financial protection if you accidentally double-book a venue and your clients have to pay for a new location. No matter if it was your fault or not, you could have to pay to defend your business if they take legal action. Professional liability coverage will cover legal expenses or to amend the mistake. 

Get Instant Quote
Get business insurance coverage

Other important business insurance coverage for entertainers

Liability insurance is a must-have for entertainment and events businesses buy may want to add other types of coverage to your business insurance package.

We typically recommend: 

Workers' Compensation Insurance
Workers’ Compensation for event planners

Workers’ compensation is required in most states. If you have employees, it covers some medical bills if they get hurt or sick on the job and it can pay for some lost wages. 

Many business owners without employees also buy this coverage so they are protected from workplace accidents. If you break your leg at an event while working, your medical bills might not be covered by your personal health insurance and you won’t have any wage reimbursement.

Learn more about workers’ comp.

Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial Auto insurance for entertainment businesses

Commercial auto insurance is legally required in most states if you own a car or truck that’s titled to your business. Many personal auto policies won’t cover an accident if it happens while you are driving for work, including delivering gear or supplies to an event location.

Learn more about commercial auto.

Frequently asked questions about entertainment insurance

What do I need to get an insurance quote online for my business?

We keep it simple and straightforward so you can find the coverage that’s right for you within a few minutes. When you start a quote for entertainment insurance, we’ll ask you a few basic questions about your business, including:   

  • The kind of photography or entertainment services you offer
  • The number of people you employ and how much you pay them
  • The number and type of vehicles you use for work
  • The locations where you plan to work

Can I add an additional insured to my entertainer insurance?

Yes. We know this is a common need for entertainment to add an additional insured to their coverage, so we’ve given you the power to create certificates of insurance and add additional insureds for free.  If your client needs special language on the certificate or other forms (called endorsements), please send a sample certificate to and an agent will be happy to review those requirements with you. Learn more about additional insureds.

How does the claims process work with NEXT Insurance?

  • If you’re a policyholder, you can file a claim any time by logging in to your account at and clicking the “File a claim” under the "About us" tab. You can expect a call from us shortly after you submit a claim to go over the details.
  • If you do not have a policy with us and are filing against one of our policyholders, you can head over to our website at, select “Help Center” under our “Support” tab, and under “Quick Actions for Customers” click where it says ”Not a policyholder and want to file a claim?”
  • If you cannot access your online account or would prefer to speak with an agent, call us at 855-222-5919 between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT, Monday to Friday.

Take a look at some helpful blog posts