Architect insurance

Architect and Engineer Insurance

Save up to 30% with instant coverage
Return to Quote

Customized insurance designed for architects and engineers

Next Insurance is a one-stop shop for architect and engineer small business insurance.

Whether you have a firm with partners and employees or you’re working independently, we’ll help you quickly get insurance online at an affordable price so you can get to work.

Oh, and you’ll save 10% when you bundle two or more of our policies.

Get a Quote Today

We specialize in business insurance for architects and engineers

Choose your profession for more information or start an instant quote and get covered fast

Business insurance for architects and engineers has never been easier

Customized business insurance to protect you and your clients
Get covered in 10 minutes and save up to 30%
Coverage that grows with you and easy monthly payments
Do it all 100% online or talk to a licensed U.S.-based advisor

Display your certificate of insurance

Get covered in minutes and have your COI in hand
Start Instant Quote

How much does engineer and architect business insurance cost?

You can save up to 30% when you buy engineer or architect small business insurance with Next. The exact amount you pay will depend on: 

  • The types of projects you work on
  • Where your clients are located
  • Your payroll and the kinds of jobs your employees do
  • The number and types of vehicles you use at work
Get Instant Quote

Take a few minutes to get an instant quote and see how much business insurance will cost.

Get a Quote

Why do architects and engineers need business insurance?

Business insurance offers you protection from a wide range of unexpected events and accidents, from an error in your plans to a collision involving your work vehicle

As an engineer or architect, you’re almost always required to have insurance to work on client projects. With the right coverage, you can do your work and focus on the job knowing that you have the protection you need from project risks.

Get Instant Quote

How architect and engineer liability insurance protects your small business

Engineer and architect liability insurance can help cover costs if you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of being accused of causing an injury or damaging property, or if someone says that your work mistake caused financial losses. 

We combine two types of liability insurance in our business insurance packages:

Professional liability insurance (also known as errors and omissions), covers you for cases where you are accused of not having done your job properly, whether that’s true or not. If you make a mistake in your plans that causes a financial loss, you could be faced with a lawsuit. Your coverage can help pay for costs to defend your business or fix the problem.

Get Instant Quote

Other important business insurance coverage for engineers and architects

Liability insurance is a good start to making sure you’re covered but you can also customize your business insurance to protect your employees, your vehicles and your business property.

We typically recommend: 

Workers’ Compensation for building inspectors

Workplace injuries happen more frequently than you might think, especially in your line of work. Workers’ comp makes those situations easier by helping to pay for medical bills for injuries and illnesses that happen to you or your employees while on the job. Workers’ comp can also help to cover lost wages while recuperating from being struck by a falling beam at a construction site

This coverage is required for businesses with employees in every state except Texas.

Learn more about workers’ comp.


Commercial Auto insurance for surveyors and mappers

You’ll need commercial auto insurance in most states if you own work vehicles that are titled to your business. 

You can use a commercial auto policy to insure your personal vehicle if you use that vehicle for your business, but you can’t apply your personal car insurance to your company car. So if you drive your own car to meet with clients or visit work sites, it probably won’t be covered under your personal car insurance. 

Learn more about commercial auto.


Commercial Property insurance for architects and engineers

Architects and engineers who own or rent physical spaces will need property insurance to help protect business equipment, inventory and furniture. If your business property is damaged due to a covered event, such as a burst water pipe or fire, property insurance can help with replacement costs or repairs. 

Learn more about commercial property.

Get Instant Quote

Frequently asked questions about architect and engineer insurance

What do I need to get an insurance quote online?

We keep it simple and straightforward so you can find the coverage that’s right for you within a few minutes. When you start a quote for insurance, we’ll ask you a few basic questions about your business, including: the kind of services you provide, the location of your office or where you plan to work, how many people you employ and how much you pay them and the number and type of vehicles you use for work.

How can I get a certificate of insurance?

You’ll have instant access to your certificate of insurance 24/7 from your computer or mobile device when you purchase coverage with Next. There’s no waiting for anyone, no need to print anything and definitely no fax machines. If you’re a new or current Next Insurance customer, all you need to do is login to your account and your Live Certificate delivers you the proof of insurance you need instantly, for free. You can easily share your COI with anyone via email, text message or a social media post. We provide unlimited certificates and you can also add an additional insured for free. If you decide to change your coverage, your certificate will be automatically updated. Find out more details about your certificate of insurance

How does the claims process work with Next Insurance?

You can file a claim in a few steps, either online or over the phone. Call us as soon as an incident occurs at (855) 222-5919 to report what happened. One of our claims specialists will ask for details, so please be ready to tell us: the name your policy is under so we can find the right ones, where the incident happened, what the injured person was doing at the time and the type of injury sustained and details and contact information for everyone who was involved. A claim is created after you report this information and a claims advocate will be assigned to investigate your case to decide if it should be approved or denied. We strive to make claims decisions as quickly as possible so you can get back to focusing on your business. Check out our claims page for more details.