Education Insurance

You can save up to 25% in discounts with instant coverage.*

Education insurance
cob tutor benvenue childrens house new

Customized teaching and child care business insurance

Whether you’re hosting an online class or keeping a watchful eye on infants at your daycare, NEXT Insurance is a one-stop shop for education business insurance. We deliver easy, affordable insurance so you don’t need a cheatsheet to figure out the coverage that is best for you.

And for bonus marks, you can save up to 10% when you bundle two or more policies.

We specialize in child care and education insurance

Choose your profession for more information or get a customized quote for your business

Acting Lessons, Adult Education, Art Class, Child Care, Computer Lessons, Daycare, Tutor
Dedicated small business insurance

Why do teachers need business insurance?

Unanticipated accidents frequently happen when working with children — to you and to them — and insurance means you’re covered from paying all expenses yourself.

If you have business insurance, you won’t have to pay entirely out of pocket if someone gets hurt, property is damaged or you have to defend your business.

People trust you to help them learn something new. If you work with children, it’s an even greater responsibility. You can trust NEXT to help you get the business insurance you need at an affordable price so you can focus on teaching without worry.

Get business insurance coverage

Education liability insurance

Teacher liability insurance can help cover costs if someone accuses you of causing an injury or damaging property that doesn’t belong to you. It’s usually required if you sign a contract to work with a school or if you rent a commercial property for your learning or day care center.

We combine two types of liability insurance in our business insurance packages:

General liability is the insurance coverage most teachers and child care providers buy first because it covers the two biggest risks that you face every day — injuries to other people and damage to property that doesn’t belong to you. If you accidentally drop your student’s violin and it breaks, general liability insurance can help pay for a replacement.

Professional liability provides financial protection if someone claims you didn’t provide the services you agreed on or you didn’t live up to your professional commitments. If you tutored a student for an entrance exam to a prestigious school and they failed the exam, the parents can claim that it was your fault and demand a refund. Professional liability can help cover costs to defend your business.

How much does insurance cost

How much does education business insurance cost?

You can save up to 25% in discounts when you buy education insurance with NEXT. The exact amount you pay will depend on:

  • The types of teaching services you offer
  • If you work from home, at a facility or in students’ homes
  • If you have part-time assistants or full-time employees
  • If you drive to different locations to teach

Business insurance has never been easier

Get customized business insurance to protect you and your clients
Business insurance in less than 10 minutes

Get covered in 10 minutes and you can save up to 25% in discounts

Easy monthly payments

Instant proof of insurance and easy monthly payments

Get business insurance online

Do it all 100% online or talk to a licensed U.S.-based advisor

Other important business insurance coverage for teachers

Liability insurance is essential but you may want to add other types of business insurance to protect yourself, your work vehicles and your employees.
We typically recommend:
Workers' Compensation Insurance
Workers’ Compensation

Workers’ compensation can help pay for lost wages and medical bills after a workplace accident.

If you’re a hands-on daycare teacher and you accidentally stab yourself with craft scissors, your medical bills will be covered if you have workers’ compensation. If you don’t have workers’ comp, you might not be covered by your personal health insurance and you won’t have any help with lost wages if you miss multiple days of work.

Workers’ comp is also required for businesses with employees in every state except Texas.

Learn more about workers’ comp.
Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial Auto insurance

Your personal car insurance might not cover you if you get in an accident while driving for work purposes. Consider buying commercial auto insurance if you teach at different locations or if you drive regularly to students’ homes.

It’s required in most states for vehicles that are owned by your business.

Learn more about commercial auto.

Customer reviews

I am so excited
I am totally excited about my new insurance for my small business. I am happy that the price was in a range that I can afford, the terms were easy to understand and it was so simple to purchase my first policy. I look forward to doing business with you in the future.
Curzella J.
Easiest insurance purchase – EVER!
I was looking around trying to compare insurance and I am so lucky I found NEXT. I was able to compare levels of coverage, and all the options, without pressure from a salesperson or time limits. I was able to check out prices and it was more coverage for less than the “traditional” company I looked at.
Michael W.
Happy small business owner!
I needed liability insurance for my new small business brick & mortar location. I got the run around from another company, but NEXT provided a competitive insurance quote in a timely manner. I now have the insurance that I need and it was stress-free!
Nicole E.

Frequently asked questions about education insurance

What do I need to get an insurance quote online for my education business?

We keep it simple and straightforward so you can find the coverage that’s right for you within a few minutes. When you start a quote for education insurance, we’ll ask you a few basic questions about your business, including: the kind of classes and services you provide, the location of the learning center where you plan to work, how many people you employ and how much you pay them and the number and type of vehicles you use for work.

Can I add an additional insured to my teaching insurance?

Yes. We know it’s a common need for teachers to add an additional insured to their coverage, so we’ve given you the power to create certificates of insurance and add additional insureds for free. Learn more about additional insureds.

How does the claims process work with NEXT Insurance?

  • If you’re a policyholder, you can file a claim any time by logging in to your account at and clicking the “File a claim” under the "About us" tab. You can expect a call from us shortly after you submit a claim to go over the details.

  • If you do not have a policy with us and are filing against one of our policyholders, you can head over to our website at, select “Help Center” under our “Support” tab, and under “Quick Actions for Customers” click where it says ”Not a policyholder and want to file a claim?”

  • If you cannot access your online account and require help from our support team, please visit our online help center.

Next Insurance, small business insurance
Coverage on-the-go for policyholders
Manage your policies, send and create certificates of insurance, or file a claim with our app.
Download from app storeDownload from google play
* To the extent permitted by law, applicants are individually underwritten, not all applicants may qualify. Individual rates and savings vary and are subject to change. Discounts and savings are available where state laws and regulations allow, and may vary by state. Certain discounts apply to specific coverages only.
What we cover
Chat with Us

Mon – Fri | 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. CT

© 2024 Next Insurance, Inc. 975 California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, United States
Better Business Bureau
Issuance of coverage is subject to underwriting. Not available in all states. Please see the policy for full terms, conditions and exclusions. Coverage examples are for illustrative purposes only. Your policy documents govern, terms and exclusions apply. Coverage is dependent on actual facts and circumstances giving rise to a claim. Next Insurance, Inc. and/or its affiliates is an insurance agency licensed to sell certain insurance products and may receive compensation from insurance companies for such sales. Policy obligations are the sole responsibility of the issuing insurance company. Refer to Legal Notices section for additional information.

Any starting prices or premiums represented before an actual customer quote are not guaranteed and are representations of existing premiums of active policies as of December 6, 2023. To the extent permitted by law, applicants are individually underwritten, not all applicants may qualify. Individual rates and savings vary and are subject to change. Discounts and savings are available where state laws and regulations allow, and may vary by state. Certain discounts apply to specific coverages only.