Mon – Fri | 6 a.m. – 5 p.m. PT

Real Estate Insurance

Save up to 30% with instant coverage
Real Estate Insurance

Get the real estate liability insurance you need to get the job done

Next Insurance is a one-stop shop for real estate business insurance

We’ll help you quickly get insurance online at an affordable price so you can get back to your next open house and helping your sellers and buyers close deals. 

Oh, and you’ll save 10% when you bundle two or more of our policies.

Get a Quote

We specialize in business insurance for real estate professionals

Choose your profession for more information or start an instant quote

Real Estate Agent, Property Manager, Mortgage Broker, Other,

Business insurance for real estate professionals has never been easier

Customized business insurance to protect you and your clients
Business insurance in less than 10 minutes
Get covered in 10 minutes and save up to 30%
Easy monthly payments
Coverage that grows with you and easy monthly payments
Get business insurance online
Do it all 100% online or talk to a licensed U.S.-based advisor
Get a Quote
Certificate of Insurance

Need a fast certificate of insurance?

Get covered in just a few clicks and have your COI in hand. Get Instant Quote
How much does business insurance cost

How much does real estate insurance cost?

You can save up to 30% when you buy real estate insurance with Next. Whether you’re a property manager or interior designer, the exact amount you pay will depend on: 

  • The types of residential and commercial properties you work with
  • Where your clients’ properties are located
  • Your payroll and the kinds of jobs your employees do
  • The number and types of vehicles you use at work
Get Instant Quote

Take a few minutes to get an instant quote and see how much business insurance will cost.

Get a Quote
Get a quote - NEXT insurance
Dedicated small business insurance

Why do real estate professionals need business insurance?

Small business insurance offers you protection from a wide range of unexpected events and accidents, from a prospective buyer falling down the stairs during an open house to a crash involving your work vehicle

Having the right types of insurance for your real estate business means that you don’t have to pay out of pocket if an accident does occur. With the right coverage, you can do your work and focus on your job without worrying about those pesky “what if” scenarios.

Get Instant Quote

How real estate liability insurance protects your small business

Real estate liability insurance can help cover costs if you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of being accused of causing an injury or damaging property, or if someone says that your work mistake caused financial losses. 

We combine two types of liability insurance in our small business insurance packages:

General liability is often the basis of insurance coverage for real estate professionals. It protects you against expenses related to slip-and-fall accidents, damage to property that doesn’t belong to you and other risks.

Real Estate E&O (also known as professional liability) helps you defend yourself if you’re accused of making a mistake that causes someone to lose money. For example, if you are accused of misrepresenting how much acreage a property includes, it could help cover related expenses to defend yourself. Real estate brokers will often require agents to carry E&O coverage.

Get Instant Quote
Get business insurance coverage

Other important business insurance coverage for real estate professionals

Liability insurance is a good start to making sure you’re covered but you can also customize your business insurance to protect your employees, your vehicles and your business property.

We typically recommend: 

Workers' Compensation Insurance
Workers’ Compensation for real estate agents

Workplace injuries happen more frequently than you might think, especially in your line of work. Workers’ comp can pay for injuries and illnesses that happen to you or your employees while on the job. Workers’ comp can also help to cover lost wages while you are recuperating

This coverage is required for businesses with employees in almost every state.

Learn more about workers’ comp.

Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial Auto insurance 

You’ll need commercial auto insurance in most states if you own work vehicles that are titled to your business. 

You can use a commercial auto policy to insure your personal vehicle if you use that vehicle for your business, but you can’t apply your personal car insurance to your company car. So if you drive your own car to show properties or meet with clients, it probably won’t be covered under your personal car insurance. 

Learn more about commercial auto.

Commercial Property Insurance
Commercial Property insurance 

Real estate professionals who own or rent physical spaces will need property insurance to help protect business equipment, inventory and furniture. If your business property is damaged due to a covered event, such as a burst water pipe or fire, property insurance can help with replacement costs or repairs. 

Learn more about commercial property.

Frequently asked questions about real estate insurance

What do I need to get an insurance quote online?

We keep it simple and straightforward so you can find the coverage that’s right for you within a few minutes. When you start a quote for insurance, we’ll ask you a few basic questions about your business, including: the kind of services you provide, the location of your office or where you plan to work, how many people you employ and how much you pay them and the number and type of vehicles you use for work.

How does the claims process work with NEXT Insurance?

  • If you’re a policyholder, you can file a claim any time by logging in to your account at and clicking the “File a claim” under the "About us" tab. You can expect a call from us shortly after you submit a claim to go over the details.
  • If you do not have a policy with us and are filing against one of our policyholders, you can head over to our website at, select “Help Center” under our “Support” tab, and under “Quick Actions for Customers” click where it says ”Not a policyholder and want to file a claim?”
  • If you cannot access your online account or would prefer to speak with an agent, call us at 855-222-5919 between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT, Monday to Friday.

Take a look at some helpful blog posts