Do I need business personal property insurance as a personal gym trainer?
Learn why personal gym trainers need business personal property insurance.
Published June 6, 2023.
Business personal property (BPP) insurance can be beneficial for personal gym trainers that have high-value equipment.
Exploring business personal property insurance for gym trainers
BPP insurance can safeguard your valuable assets, such as:
- Fitness equipment
- Inventory (if you sell health and fitness products)
- Exercise machines
- Office equipment like computers
- Renovations or improvements you've made to your gym facility
What other insurance can help?
While BPP insurance protects the contents of your gym, it usually doesn't cover the building or space itself. For comprehensive coverage, you may want to consider a business owner's policy (BOP), which includes coverage for both your business items and the physical building.
Or, separately, you can consider other insurance policies you may need as a personal gym trainer like:
- General liability insurance - This can help cover claims related to third-party injuries and legal expenses your personal training business may be liable for.
- Professional liability insurance - This is able to help protect you against claims of negligence.
- Workers' compensation insurance - If you have employees, this can cover their medical bills and lost wages if they're in work-related accidents.
- Commercial property insurance - This helps with repairs and lost income if your gym and fitness studio or other work structures are damaged.
Find out why business insurance is so useful and how it can help your small business:
Personal trainer insurance designed for you
Personal trainer insurance can offer financial protection, peace of mind and business continuity. Plus, it can boost your professional reputation by showing current and potential clients that you are committed to their safety and your work.
This can include a BPP policy or any of the other options mentioned based on your needs. And NEXT can help you tailor your coverage. To view your options, simply apply online and get an instant quote in less than 10 minutes. This way, you can take some weight off your shoulders and focus on your clients.
» Picked your coverage? Get your certificate of insurance and share it 24/7