Default Header Image

Personal Trainer FAQ

Are there prerequisites required to become a personal trainer?

Almost all certification programs require the applicant to be 18+ and certified in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and the use of automatic external defibrillator (AED). In addition, having a high school diploma or GED is required by almost all certifying organizations.  You can take a look at our ACE certification reviewAFAA certification review, our NASM certification review, our AFPA certification review, our NFPT certification review and our  NSCA certification review for help making the decision about which certification is right for you.

Do I need to get a personal training certificate to get insurance?

Yes, you must be certified or have a 4+ year degree in a health & fitness related field to be eligible for this insurance.

Do you cover online training? Other companies I have looked at cover online training as well.

Yes, our personal trainer policy does cover most forms of online training. In order to assess whether or not your model of online training is eligible for coverage on our policies, please call us at 855-222-5919 or email us at

Does this insurance cover me anywhere in the U.S.? What about internationally?

This policy covers you wherever you go in the United States. You are also covered in Canada and Puerto Rico, but you must permanently reside in the U.S. to purchase this policy.

I need to add my gym as an additional insured. How do I do this?

To add your gym as an additional insured, go to and use the “Proof of Insurance” button in the top right corner. Once you log in using your email and zip code, you will be sent a verification code that will then allow you two options, a general-use certificate or a certificate listing a gym or studio. Choose the second option, enter the name and address, and the document will be delivered in a matter of seconds!

I’m a [bootcamp/TRX/group fitness] instructor but the policy says personal trainer. Did I purchase the right policy?

Yes, you did purchase the correct policy. “Personal trainer” is a generic term that encompasses a variety of health & fitness disciplines, including most group fitness, bootcamp, kickboxing and other exercise classes.

I’m a yoga teacher but the policy says personal trainer, did I purchase the right policy?

Yes, you did purchase the correct policy. “Personal trainer” is a generic term that encompasses a variety of health & fitness disciplines. Yoga and Pilates are included.

Is the policy good if I teach at multiple gyms?

Yes, your policy covers you for as many locations as necessary.

What does the personal trainer insurance policy cover?
Where am I covered to train with this policy?

The policy goes wherever you train in the U.S., including your own home. It does not include standalone gym locations where you are the primary leaseholder.


Check out our most frequently asked questions, and get the answers you're seeking.

Check Out Our Blog

Didn’t find what you’re looking for?
We’re here to help!
Mon – Fri, 6:00am – 5:00pm PST | P.O. Box 60787 Palo Alto, CA 94306