Is Carpet Cleaning insurance required by law?
Find out what the legal insurance requirements are if you own a carpet cleaning business and what benefits you can enjoy when you have the right coverage.
Published June 5, 2023.
Carpet cleaning insurance isn't always required by law. But you may be required to have it by clients before they will work with you. Some states also require workers' compensation if you have employees. Here are some examples:
- General liability insurance: Commercial and residential clients can insist on general liability insurance to protect against damages or injuries that may occur during the cleaning process.
- Workers' compensation insurance: Many states require employers to have workers' comp to cover any injuries sustained by employees while on the job.
» These are the most common cleaning business claims you should know about
Benefits of Carpet Cleaning insurance
Carrying carpet cleaning insurance offers numerous benefits that can protect your business and enhance its reputation:
- Covers property damage and personal injury claims Accidents happen, and with the right insurance, you can have peace of mind knowing that any third-party damage caused during the cleaning process or injuries sustained by clients can be covered.
- Protects the business from legal fees and settlements In the event of a lawsuit, insurance can help cover the costs of legal representation, settlements or judgments, saving your business from significant financial burdens.
- Increases business opportunities Clients can prefer working with insured carpet cleaning companies as it demonstrates professionalism, reliability and a commitment to quality service.
- Demonstrates professionalism and responsibility By carrying insurance, you show your clients that you take your business seriously and are committed to protecting their interests.
Protect your carpet cleaning business with NEXT
While carpet cleaning insurance isn't always required by law, it can be incredibly beneficial for your business to still carry it. NEXT can offer you affordable, tailored business insurance to suit your unique needs.
Get an online quote within minutes by simply answering a questionnaire. Once you purchase the coverage you need, you instantly get your certificate of insurance, and you can share it 24/7 with the NEXT app.
» Just starting out? Here are our top suggestions on how to grow your carpet cleaning business