Does retail insurance for stores cover broken items?
What broken items are protected with retail store insurance? Read on to find out.
Published June 20, 2023.
Retail store insurance — also known as retail insurance — can cover broken items because it can include commercial property insurance. And this must be a huge relief. With damaged goods or store property, businesses may miss out on sales and new customers. Let's take a closer look at how retail insurance can help in the event of broken store items.
How a Commercial Property policy can have you covered
There are various damaged items that can fall under this policy's covered events. It can also help with issues caused by the damaged items. Some of these are:
- Store inventory
- Equipment used to run the store
- Lost income
Some covered events can include fire, theft, vandalism and other unexpected events.
What to do if your business has broken items
If your store experiences broken items, you can follow these steps:
- Document the damage and take pictures of the broken items.
- File a claim. Make sure you provide your insurer with as much detail as possible. The more thorough the documentation, the easier it can be to process your claim.
To minimize the risk of broken items in your store, consider implementing some precautions. For example:
- Train your employees on proper handling and storage procedures for inventory and equipment
- Make sure your store is organized well to reduce the risk of accidents
- Look into investing in security measures to prevent theft or vandalism
» Check out our retail loss prevention guide to help secure your small business
Peace of mind with NEXT
From business interruptions to potential injuries, broken items in your store are best avoided. And with NEXT, you can customize retail store insurance so it checks all your insurance boxes. This way, you can focus on running your store without concern.
To view your options, simply apply online and get an instant quote in under 10 minutes. Once you're happy with your chosen business insurance, you can get your certificate of insurance and share it 24/7 with the NEXT app.