Does retail business insurance cover business equipment damages?
Equipment damage can take a massive toll on a business's bottom line. Here's how retail business insurance with commercial property coverage can help.
Updated May 29, 2023.
Retail business insurance may cover business equipment damages if it includes a commercial property policy.
What damages can retail business insurance help cover?
With commercial property insurance included, the following equipment damages may be covered:
- Fire damage: Equipment destroyed or damaged by fire can receive financial help for repairs or replacements.
- Damage to goods, gear and inventory: This includes coverage for damages to business property (equipment, furniture and inventory). This can also fall under business personal property insurance.
- Business income interruption: If you suffer a loss of income due to damaged equipment, coverage can help cover this. Business interruption insurance can help.
- Equipment breakdowns: Coverage can provide an added layer of protection in case equipment is damaged due to mechanical failure or power surges.
- Damage from weather events: Damages caused by windstorms or tornados can be covered. However, damages from earthquakes, volcanoes and floods typically are not covered here.
- Man-made damage: Protection for equipment damage from vandalism can be included.
» Learn the basics of small business insurance
Protect your retail business with NEXT
Retail business insurance can protect businesses from customer injuries and negligence claims, among other incidents. But with commercial property insurance added, you can rest assured that your business equipment may be protected too.
With NEXT, you can get affordable and tailored retail business insurance that can cover all your business needs. And it's simple. To view your options, apply online and get an instant quote in less than 10 minutes.
» Coverage chosen? Get your certificate of insurance and share it 24/7