Photographer Insurance

You can save up to 25% in discounts on business insurance.*

Photographer insurance
Photographer insurance

Photographer liability insurance designed to protect your business

NEXT Insurance is a one-stop shop to help you get the photography insurance you need to protect your business from accidents, injuries, legal fees and damaged vehicles. Our insurance packages typically include:

  • General liability
  • Commercial auto
  • Workers’ compensation
  • Commercial property
We’ll help you get the photography business insurance coverage you need
It’s all about managing your risk. See our affordable photography business insurance policies available and save up to 10% when you bundle two or more of our policies.
General Liability

General Liability

Bought by 95% of business owners like you
General liability insurance covers a wide range of photography accidents and basic risks. You’ll have financial protection if someone other than an employee gets hurt or you are held responsible for damaging property that doesn’t belong to you. It’s often required by commercial clients.

general liability can help you pay for:

Medical payments
Property damage
Legal fees and judgments
Commercial Auto

Commercial Auto

For business owners who own or drive vehicles
Most states require commercial auto insurance for business-owned vehicles to help pay for medical expenses and property damage. Personal auto insurance usually won’t provide coverage if you get into an accident while driving to different shoot locations.

commercial auto can help you pay for:

Medical expenses
Collision repairs
Rental reimbursement
Workers' Compensation

Workers' Compensation

Coverage for workplace injuries
Workers’ compensation insurance can help pay for medical care and lost wages after a workplace injury. It’s almost always required if your photography business has employees. Choose business owner’s coverage with your policy to protect yourself.

workers compensation can help you pay for:

Medical expenses
Lost wages
Employer liability
Commercial Property

Commercial Property

For business owners who own or rent physical spaces
Commercial property insurance can help protect your photography business equipment, inventory and even the building itself if you own it. If your business property is damaged due to a covered event, such as a burst water pipe or fire, property insurance can help with replacement costs or repairs. We’ll also help cover your camera, tripod and other photography equipment used for photoshoots.

commercial property can help you pay for:

Damaged equipment and inventory
Lost income
Operating expenses

What customers say about us

Great service

Great service

Alejandro G.


Sales process

Well explained, easy application and payment process.

John C.


Simple and Convenient

Getting WC insurance coverage through QBO was really simple and convenient. Highly recommended!

Sandra T.


Business insurance

Good price and great customer service



Great Service

I was very please with the help I received from Steve! Thank you so much for making me feel at ease. I feel like I may have finally found a good home for my companies insurance.

Sharon N.


Very Pleased with this service.

Very Pleased with this service.

Marvin H.


Awesome service!

Next was so easy to use. I just advised them what I needed for my company in about a three minute survey, they gave me a quote, and I paid it. They sent me documents right away and...

Bobbie H.


It was easy and quick

It was easy and quick

Lisa D.


prof. Liability Insurance - Great people to work with.

Steve was great in helping me get my Pro. Liab. insurance. Very friendly, professional, and prompt.

Ben D.


Coverage in a snap

Very quick straightforward process that serves my needs well.

Matthew M.


You can save up to 25% in discounts on the best insurance for professional photographers

You can pay for your insurance monthly or annually and you can cancel instantly at any time.

Lowest Price
Commercial Auto
Combined single limit
General Liability
Per occurrence
Workers’ Comp
Per accident
Commercial Property
Per occurrence
Most Popular
Commercial Auto
Combined single limit
General Liability
Per occurrence
$1 million
Workers’ Comp
Per accident
Commercial Property
Per occurrence
Best Coverage
Commercial Auto
Combined single limit
$1 million
General Liability
Per occurrence
$1 million
Workers’ Comp
Per accident
$1 million
Commercial Property
Per occurrence
How much does business insurance cost

How much does photographer insurance cost?

Photographer insurance costs vary based on the risks that your business faces, such as:

  • The types of photographs you take
  • Where your clients are located
  • If you have assistants or employees
  • What kind of vehicle you use for work

Learn more about photographer insurance costs and coverage.

Everything you want to know about Insurance

Photographer insurance requirements

You might be required to have professional photographer insurance due to the risk of injury to clients and damage to property while on location — especially if you are working at an events space or for corporate clients.

You might need insurance to:

  • Start taking photos professionally. Clients might ask you to have active insurance — usually general liability or workers’ compensation.
  • Hire employees. Most states require workers’ compensation.
  • Drive for business purposes. Business-owned vehicles typically need commercial auto insurance.
  • Repair or replace property you own or rent. Protect your inventory, equipment and even the building that you lease or own.

Frequently asked questions about business insurance

Here are some of the most common questions we get about liability insurance for photographers. If you don’t find the answers you need here, our licensed, U.S.-based insurance advisors are standing by to help via online chat or phone.

How does business insurance protect photographers?

Our event and commercial photographer insurance packages are designed to protect your business from a variety of risks and help you save money to grow your business. You’ll be protected from financial losses related to photographer insurance claims, such as:

Damage to someone’s property

While photographing designer jewelry, you drop a necklace and break its glass pendant. The general liability coverage in your insurance package would help pay for a replacement.

Accidents that hurt someone

A piece of lighting equipment falls over and injures a client. Your general photographer liability insurance coverage would also come into play here by helping to pay for medical costs and legal fees.

Workplace injuries 

You trip over a rock during an outdoor photo shoot and injure your knee. You have to cancel the shoot while you recover. Workers’ compensation insurance with business owner’s coverage can help cover medical bills and lost wages. Workers’ comp is usually required by law if you have employees. 

Injuries and damage involving your business vehicles

You get caught in a rain storm on the way to a shoot and slide into a tree, crushing the bumper and hood. Commercial auto insurance will help pay for the repairs. This coverage is also usually required by law for business-owned vehicles. 

Damage to your own property

Thieves break into your studio overnight and steal expensive photography equipment. Commercial property insurance can help with replacement or repair costs if your owned or leased property is damaged due to a covered event, such as a burst water pipe, fire, tornado or vandalism.

I need to add a client/venue as an additional insured. How do I do this?

To add a venue or client as an additional insured, click the “Login” button in the top right corner. Once you log in using your email and zip code, you will be sent a verification code that will then allow you two options, a general-use certificate or a certificate listing a client or venue. Choose the second option, enter the name and address, and the document will be delivered in a matter of seconds!

I only need insurance for one day. Can I get a quote for short-term insurance?

Our policies are written on an annual basis. Unfortunately we do not have any shorter term insurance options available at this time.

I’m a videographer. Does your coverage apply to me?

Yes, videographers are also covered under the photography policy.

Why would I buy photography insurance? Won’t my homeowner’s insurance cover it if I add a rider?

In some instances, your camera equipment may be covered by your homeowner’s insurance. However, typically any business operations are excluded from homeowner’s insurance, so it would be best to check with your carrier before deciding not to purchase Photographer insurance for General Liability and equipment coverage.

What do I need to get an insurance quote online?

We keep it simple and straightforward so you can find the coverage that’s right for you within a few minutes. When you start a quote for insurance, we’ll ask you a few basic questions about your business, including: the kind of services you provide, the location of your office or where you plan to work, how many people you employ and how much you pay them and the number and type of vehicles you use for work.

How can I get a certificate of insurance?

You’ll have instant access to your certificate of insurance 24/7 from your computer or mobile device when you purchase coverage with Next. There’s no waiting for anyone, no need to print anything and definitely no fax machines. If you’re a new or current Next Insurance customer, all you need to do is log in to your account and your Live Certificate delivers you the proof of insurance you need instantly, for free. You can easily share your COI with anyone via email, text message or a social media post. We provide unlimited certificates and you can also add an additional insured for free. If you decide to change your coverage, your certificate will be automatically updated. Find out more details about your certificate of insurance

How does the claims process work with NEXT Insurance?

  • If you’re a policyholder, you can file a claim any time by logging in to your account at and clicking the “File a claim” under the "About us" tab. You can expect a call from us shortly after you submit a claim to go over the details.
  • If you do not have a policy with us and are filing against one of our policyholders, you can head over to our website at, select “Help Center” under our “Support” tab, and under “Quick Actions for Customers” click where it says ”Not a policyholder and want to file a claim?”
  • If you cannot access your online account and require help from our support team, please visit our online help center.
Certificate of Insurance


Download the NEXT mobile app and get your COI in seconds.
Download from app storeDownload from google play

More professions that are covered by NEXT

Videographer, DJ, Tarot and Psychic Readers, Motivational Speaker, Crafter, Actors, Photographer, Event Planner, Wedding Planner
Take a look at some helpful blog posts
Photographer Equipment Insurance: Who, What, and Why?

Photographer Equipment Insurance: Who, What, and Why?

Is a Photo Release Waiver Form Enough to Protect Your Business from Lawsuits?

Is a Photo Release Waiver Form Enough to Protect Your Business from Lawsuits?

Photography Laws Every Professional Must Know

Photography Laws Every Professional Must Know

* To the extent permitted by law, applicants are individually underwritten, not all applicants may qualify. Individual rates and savings vary and are subject to change. Discounts and savings are available where state laws and regulations allow, and may vary by state. Certain discounts apply to specific coverages only.
What we cover
Chat with Us

Mon – Fri | 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. CT

© 2023 Next Insurance, Inc. 975 California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, United States
Better Business Bureau
Issuance of coverage is subject to underwriting. Not available in all states. Please see the policy for full terms, conditions and exclusions. Coverage examples are for illustrative purposes only. Your policy documents govern, terms and exclusions apply. Coverage is dependent on actual facts and circumstances giving rise to a claim. Next Insurance, Inc. and/or its affiliates is an insurance agency licensed to sell certain insurance products and may receive compensation from insurance companies for such sales. Policy obligations are the sole responsibility of the issuing insurance company. Refer to Legal Notices section for additional information.