There are a couple of options here:

  1. If your state requires a license, we do too. However, in most states where insurance is a requirement to get your license, we do offer the ability to purchase the policy on the condition that you agree to have all the required licenses before working. But it’s important to remember: if you are not operating legally, a claim will likely not be covered.
  2. If your state doesn’t require you to have a license for a certain line of work you are welcome to apply for any trade specific policy, a Handyperson, or General Contractor policy. You can take a look at our jack-of-all-trades FAQ for how to decide between those two.