We are looking for a data engineer to join our Marketing Data Engineering team. Our team is part of the BI group and is in charge of developing and maintaining all of the data infrastructure that is required to analyse, monitor and support marketing related activities. We work on AWS and utilize the latest tools and technologies. Our group and impactful data activities directly help to grow the business.
Design and develop data systems and services to support various business questions.
- Work closely with analysts, product managers and other stakeholders to clearly define business questions and data requirements.
- Define data models that best suit business cases.
- Work closely with R&D Engineers to define tracking and other data capturing.
- Design and develop data processes.
- Optimize and maintain the data systems.
Act as the Data Engineering focal point in relevant projects and domains
Work independently, while collaborating with multiple departments
At least five years experience as BI Developer or Data Engineer - must.
SQL at a mother-tongue language level - must (good technical knowledge of how things work under the hood).
Strong Python programming skills - including integration with cloud services and API calls to external services
Experience in web/mobile/adtech/fintech or similar company/projects (where data is used to analyze user acquisition, conversion & funnels, user behaviour and performance, etc.).
Experience with large data volumes (TBs).
Experience in Data Modeling.
Background in statistics and data analysis.
BI systems architecture and design (including Data security, Scale-ability, Maintainability, Usability, etc.) .
Experience with technologies and tools including:
- Columnar, distributed databases: Preference for Redshift. Alternatively, Bigquery, Vertica, Snowflake, etc.
- Relational databases: Preference for MySQL. Alternatively, AWS-Aurora, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc.
- BI reporting tools: Preference for Tableau. Alternatively, Microstrategy, Power-BI, Sisense, Looker, etc.
- Unstructured data: AWS Athena, Presto, Hive, Hadoop - advantage.
- Orchestration tools (Airflow, Jenkins, etc.) - advantage
- Cloud data services: Preference for AWS - advantage.
- GraphDB (Neo4J) - advantage
Relevant academic degree or equivalent experience.